Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving Thanks and No More Booty Sinking to the Floor

We had a good Thanksgiving. Brenda, Aaron and their family came and had dinner with us. It was a lot of fun. I am really thankful for many things in my life: my marriage, my family, my friends, my job, and many more things.

On Friday we hit some of the day after Thanksgiving sales. We didn't get up too early, but we did go furniture shopping. Our current couches had reached the end of their lives. If you sat in the middle of the couch you would almost sink to the floor. Michelle complained that people had to roll out of the couch! There was a really good sale at the Room Store and we found some couches we liked. With the sale we were also able to get a coffee and end tables too! We bought them Friday and they delivered them yesterday! Here are a few pictures.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

FANCY!!!! I like the color:)

Emilie

Michelle said...

I am feeling pretty fancy since after we bought the couches we went and picked out some pillows. I couldn't remember exactly what the brown shade was, but I sure love the spotted pillows! It was a happy chance that they ended up matching so well!

ryan and berni said...

Hey woman, cute doo! I love the couches too by the way.

Rachel said...

How fun I like them. Is there a story to you hiding behind the curtain in one of the picts? Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. We think of you guys every year and would love to get back down there to see you sometime.

Linzi said...

Yay for new couches!! They are perty :)

Burgess said...

You're house is looking stupendous. And....I'm so happy you're posting!!!

Amy Bateman said...

Isn't new furniture fun? They look great!

Jeff said...

In response to Rachel's question, the curtain is also new. That doorway leads to our craft/storage/junk room that has been know to be a bit of an eyesore, so we finally figured a way we can close it off. Seems we could of thought about hanging a curtain a couple of years ago!

Deanne said...

I love your new furniture and I can't wait to come and sit on it!!!.....by the way...I guess I just invited myself over to you house...Tee Hee :) deanne

emaalyon said...

What beautiful new furniture!! I wish I could have something look so nice in my house, if even for a little while. =)