I love the holiday season! I don't love the craziness that seems to be a mandatory part of the season. I have been frantically trying to get Christmas cards done (because I didn't get any out last year, yikes!!), and as I was contemplating the million other tasks I need to get done between now and Christmas and feeling overwhelmed. I have a lot of important things to do--my house is an explosion currently, I am supposed to be studying for the GRE which I am taking on Monday, all of the primary lists need to be updated before I leave for Christmas, I need to get graduation announcements printed and sent out, and a few other things I am sure I am currently forgetting. It is amazing to me how one month can get so bogged down--December isn't even a third over and I am going nuts!
Anyway, I just thought I'd take a moment to remind myself that I should be enjoying the time of year and taking time to remember why I love the Christmas season. I love the peace I feel as I strive to be more like Christ. I am going to have to work a little harder at cutting things out/back so that I can enjoy that feeling of peace, as well as the time I get to spend with family and friends. I need to give myself permission to not get everything done--especially the nonessential things. I am feeling pretty good about that! I hope that each of you are finding time to enjoy the holiday season. Merry Christmas!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Here's the orders from "Dr." Amy - Make one cup of hot cocoa. Turn on some Christmas music. Turn off lights if desired. Set the timer for 30 minutes. Sit down on your new couch, prop your feet up and enjoy your cocoa and time to absorb the feeling of the season. When the timer goes off, you can go back to whatever it was you were busily doing before. :)
Hi Michelle!
Ashley told me about your blog, so I checked it out! Super cute!! I decided since I am not very good at figuring out how to send messages on facebook, I would leave a message here. Sorry I thought you wanted my email address! My home address is 6078 W. Borax Ave. Salt Lake City, UT 84118!! Sounds like life is pretty decent for ya!! Congrats on graduation, and you really look great!!!
Love ya
Katy Reeder
Michelle- Thanks for the Christmas card. I"m so glad you sent it because I only had your old address. I'm so glad you're blogging too. Check us out... Talk to you soon. Natalie
Hey, are you coming to MI for Christmas? Call me if you are and when you get here since I'm not in your family's ward anymore.
Post a Comment