Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Today I am thankful for

Today I am thankful for the wonderful thunderstorm we got! One of the things I miss the most about living in the Midwest are the thunderstorms. It was nice to have a break from the sunshine--and our newly planted citrus trees are thankful for the drink! It cooled things down, so it even feels like Thanksgiving...or maybe just fall :)

Today Jeff has his annual review at work. I know that he will do great--he always does, but it got me thinking about this job. It makes me sad that we are so far away from most of our family, but we are both grateful for his job. Not only does Jeff LOVE what he does, the company has been wonderful to work for. We feel blessed and really taken care of in so many ways. I am thankful for Jeff's good work ethic as well as his desire to work hard and take care of us. I am sure lucky to have him around.

I am also thankful for my job....even though I practically danced out of the office today I was so excited to be done :) I was really worried about finding a job since working in my field with a bachelors degree is hard. I am thankful for an email from a professor that I didn't even think knew who I was! I enjoy the people I work with, and I love the kids. I really have a fun job. I am thankful for the baby pay check I get which has given us the opportunity to move forward with some of the things that are important to us.

There are tons of other things I am thankful for, but the 'a' button on my laptop just popped off again and it is hard to type, so you will just have to look forward to hearing about them. I need my handy hubby to come home and fix it for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you and Jeff and am very happy things are going so well for you!

Love you tons,
Emilie