So! Long time no write, and not a lot to tell. Work is still going well, although we are much slower than when I first started working. I am excited though, because tomorrow I get to try something new. Every week the school district does screenings on kids that aren't old enough to go to school. Tomorrow I get to help with it, I am excited even though one of the audiologists told me that 'childfind is the birth control of audiology.' I am hoping I don't scare that easily :)
I really love the holiday season and the many opportunities I have to be thankful for the many things I have. One of the things that I am thankful for is my family. I feel pretty lucky to be the oldest sibling of so many fun people. A little while ago I had dinner with an old friend. This friend came from a small (well, at least compared to mine) family and has a child. This friend was always a jokster in high school and frequently teased me about my huge family. The friend then proceeded to make a joke to the effect of 'no wonder you don't have any kids, you have a million brothers and sisters.' In an effort to stop being really ticked about the comment, I thought I'd throw it out there along with a few declarative statements. I love my big family. I know that there are always 9 people in the world who will love me no matter I do, or what happens to me. Any choices I make about if and when I have a family are my own and other people shouldn't make comments on my choice unless I ask. So, in short, people, don't make rude comments about other peoples families, old or new.
I think that I might be over it now :)
Hugs to all my peeps...blood related and those that are related in spirit!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You know, Michelle. It doesn't matter which side of the children/no children fence you are on, someone is always going to have something to say about it. You are right in your comments. Wish more people felt that way!
Good to hear from you again!
Good comments. I totally agree with you. I really do feel sorry for people with no close relatives. They end up being really lonely in the end.
Just so you know Michelle, there is always at least 10 people that will love you no matter what you do... ;-)
Post a Comment