Happy Thanksgiving a day late :) I had totally planned on getting a post up here yesterday but it turns out I was having too much fun cooking, partying, and eating. We had a very nice holiday--pretty relaxed for me this year actually. Our friends the Hardin's came over and Brenda did a bunch of work this year, so I was feeling pretty under worked! Dinner turned out mostly good...I had a problem with the cheesy potatoes. I feel really bad about that because they were a special request, I am still very sorry Aaron! I promise to make it up to you soon :) We had an enjoyable day of combing the paper for any deals we couldn't live without, eating, playing some Wii, and chasing Kayla around. She is a funny little thing! We sure enjoy having her around.
I also wanted to make sure that my family knows that they are the number one thing I am thankful for, not just at this time of year, but all the time. I feel really blessed to be a part of such a fun, loving family. I frequently hear other people talk about their families, and I always think "man! I am so glad that my family is so good!" Not to say that we don't have our weirdness or problems, but I feel like they are insignificant especially in light of the love and acceptance I receive. Thank you thank you to my super sweet family!
Today we did some black Friday shopping, but not too much. We didn't even leave the house until 6:15, so that should tell you something. We got a couple of sweet-o gifts for people, but nothing we got was on the front page of an ad, so we didn't feel like we had to be at the store at the crack-o-dawn. We came home, took a nap, and then headed to the furniture store. Our couches were having major problems and NEEDED to be replaced, so we hunted a little and found ourselves a good deal on some decent furniture. We are pretty excited about having 'real' couches :) Jeff is currently cleaning the living room carpet so that it will be nice and pretty for the new stuff. It is getting delivered tomorrow--pretty sweet! I am sure we will have a picture or two to share then. I finished up the last of the thanksgiving dishes, so I guess it is time to start getting the Christmas stuff out! I am mostly excited about that. I have to say I enjoy putting it out and having it up, but I sure hate packing it back up.
I think that is all of our exciting news for the moment. One more shout out to all of our friends and family, we sure do love you and we truly appreciate all that each of you contribute to our lives. We are so blessed to have you in our lives. Know that we are thinking of you extra often in this holiday season!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think its fun to go pick out new furniture, I mostly end up wishful shopping for it instead.
We mostly end up wishful shopping as well, but it was getting dire around here :)
Post a Comment