
Today one of my professors did an entire class on graduate school-- how to apply, what to expect, trying to forestall all the students who will end up in her office to ask about it. I hope that it turns out OK for her :) Seems like she still might get tons of students asking the same questions....
Anyway, we found out the 60 students applied to the AuD program last year and they only accepted 15...which is apparently a lot. Dr. Pittman said that they usually like to accept closer to 10. I guess I should be thankful that hearing is the route I want to take--200 students applied last year to the Speech program and they accept between 25 and 30. Either way, they aren't great odds. I wouldn't really worry about it except I don't have another plan--as in, I don't have another school I can go to without Jeff having to get a new job, and, what will I do with my very expensive education if I don't get into the program. So! I guess I better do REALLY well on the GRE and hope for the best...
On another note, Jeff has been out of town since Monday morning. I pretend like I am going to party while he is gone, when in reality I am in bed by 9. So much for the party animal in me :) Sounds like things are going OK for them--they get a little frustrated with ATK, last night Jeff told me he knows more about their protocols than some of the techs that work there. I think as long as Jeff really gets to come home Friday night, life isn't too bad. Just as long as no more lizards get in between now and then...
4 comments:
Yes, we had another gecko incident...
Burgess has been gone since Saturday. I had intentions to do stuff, but I was too depressed. They come home today!!
Zane, I totally feel your pain. I am jealous of the freedom to just go on vacation, and I hate being the one left behind. I know Jeff isn't really on vacation, but he is kind of...someone else makes his bed and he doesn't have to cook. Oh wait! That sounds like he is at home :)
I am NOT jealous of your grad school sitaution. It seems, life just can't be smooth and fall into line with any pre-made plans, you know? Hopefully things will go well--one thing I know is that there is usually more than one way to get something done...hopefully you'll find a way to get you in the program you need.
Post a Comment