First of all, we hope you all had a nice Labor Day weekend. I (Michelle) was sick for most of it, which is why we didn't have any friends over. Sorry people, we still love you! Anyway, I had decided that I would attempt to make ribs for Labor day. I have never actually tried to make them before, they are one of the foods that scare me. Usually, we just order them at a restaurant! Anyway, I searched several recipe databases to try come up with the best way to cook them, as well as the best recipe. In the end, I was totally disoriented, so I called my Dad. After talking to him, going to the grocery store to see what looked good (I actually bought both baby back and spare ribs!), and printing a couple of recipes, I decided to attempt the baby backs. I used a dry rub and baked them for a couple of hours and then we finished them on the grill. They turned out really well, I was so proud of myself! If you want the recipe, let me know...I will give you the actual one, and then my improved one :)
The ribs did turn out really well, although I (Jeff) did the rubbing and the grilling, but I will give Michelle (most of) the credit for such good cooking!
Below you can see the finished product and that Michelle enjoyed them ... I did too, just didn't get in a picture.

Yummy!!!!
4 comments:
Ha!! I Love it!!! Great picture Michelle! I actually wouldn't mind a nummy rib recipe. I've never tried babyback ribs; maybe now is the time.
Oh my goodness -- yum. Forget the recipe -- do you have any leftovers? :)
MMMMMMM
Dad.
Dad--I am lucky that I got your cooking gene...although, with reasonably good cooking I also seem to have gotten the mess everywhere gene. That isn't so good!
Post a Comment