Poor Jeff got woken up like 50 times last night as I tried to fall asleep. It was my worst sleepless night in a long time...I have to get up to go to school between 6:30 and 7:00 but didn't fall asleep this morning until about 5. Needless to say I was not happy when the alarm went off! I was super slow getting ready so I missed the bus. Not a big deal, but $10 bucks to park for the day flushed...that is a little sad. Anyway, on the way I stopped to get a breakfast burrito because I was starving and we didn't have anything grab- and- eat at home. I had literally been dressed for 30 minutes when I spilled on myself...a white shirt no less...I was very grumpy. I didn't have time to run back home and change, then I heard this joke on the radio (it's a political joke, so don't be offended...): a man is in a bar in a small town in Texas and he looks up at the television and sees Hilary Clinton giving a speech. He says to the bar man (this is my "clean" version) "She is a horses butt." The bar man reaches under the bar, grabs a baseball bat and whacks the guy upside the head. After shaking the hit off for a second the man says to the bartender "Sorry, I didn't know this was Hilary country." The bar man says "It isn't, it's horse country." I laughed so hard! Probably because I was so tired, but it made me a little less grumpy about the day. Then, to make the day a little happier, I ran into an off campus book store to buy myself a new t-shirt and the owner was super nice. He helped me pick a t-shirt out, cut the tag off, and let me use the non-public bathroom to change my shirt. I guess the world isn't all bad :)

2 comments:
I definitely know what those days are like...it's even worse when there's a kid involved. Glad it got better, though.
Having a kid involved seems like it might be dangerous...I'll leave that to those better qualified :) (like you!)
Post a Comment