I just finished checking all of my favorite blogs....as I do practically every day, so I am sorry to those that have inflated site counters!...and I realized it had been a while since we have posted anything. That seems to be the down side of having a 'normal, stable' life :)
My most exciting thing has been all of the childhood diseases I am being exposed to! I hadn't really thought about that when I first started the job. Two weeks ago I had some little flu/achy body/fever thing and last week I had a horrible cold. I still have the cough and a little runny nose, but I am WAY better! I am hoping to make it a whole week without picking up anything new, although my hopes aren't high since one of my co-workers went home with a stomach bug today. Boo on germs!
Jeff has been busy with work--I know that they started a new battery of testing this week, so I think he is excited about that. It at least means that he isn't stuck behind the desk all the time. I am so proud of him because he got our car fixed (finally!!) this weekend, for WAY cheaper than we thought. We had called around to a few places and several places wanted close to a thousand dollars (on our Escort, I don't think so!) but he found some little hole in the wall mechanics place that did it for $200. When we pulled up to the place I thought it looked pretty shady, but the car runs and it was cheap. At this point if the dumb thing lasts another 6 months we will be happy!
That's about all that is going on around here. Next week I get to go on a little trip up to Utah to visit my sister and some friends, so I am pretty excited. I get to fly on Jeff's frequent flyer miles, so it is even fancier :) Jeff is going to go camping with the scouts for a those days, so that should be pretty fun too....or at least entertaining. We miss seeing all of you!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Those school germs will get you every time. I lasted 4 days on each of my student teaching placements before getting a nasty stomach bug that took me out for the weekend. It's funny, though, I don't remember getting sick when I was subbing. Maybe because I wasn't with the same group of kids?
Yay for cheap car repairs! I HATE spending money on fixing the car. Chris isn't exactly handy, so it's one of those bills that tends to cost a lot. Now I know that there is hope out there! Oh, and it's been awhile since I checked your blog - sorry - but Congrats on your degree and your new job!! I think if I ever went back to school I'd major in Communicative Disorders. It's a fascinating subject. I'm glad you're feeling better. Guess germs are the downside to working with kids right?
lysol disinfectant spray and hand sanitizer were my friends when I was in the nursery last year.
I feel the same way about working at a restaurant, touching everyone's dishes all the time --yuck! I get EVERYTHING that goes around! At least it's making your immune system stronger, eh?
Yucky bugs! Kids seem to pick up every little germ and share it with the rest of us. What sweet little critters they are. And here we spend so much time teaching them to share. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Utah. And way to go on finding the good deal on the car. Love when that happens.
Post a Comment