This week was filled with a few fun things. I got my first paycheck--very fun :) Unfortunately, I make so little no Federal taxes were taken out. I will have to contact payroll and get that fixed, or Jeff and I will be in a sorry state when tax time rolls around.
I also got my diploma in the mail this week. It is still in the envelope, Jeff keeps bugging me to open it. I don't know why I don't want to yet...maybe because I don't really feel done. I am still pretty excited to have it.
We got to hang out with the Hardin's this weekend--we had some rousing games of Ticket to Ride and Rook. Thankfully the girls beat the boys this week...we actually spanked them, so that was fun :) It is usually Brenda and I that are beat soundly!
We do tympanograms (or acoustic impedance) on the kids that we test, and last week this little kindergartner said to me"That was weird! It made my eyeballs sweat!" I laughed so hard! Luckily we were the last ones testing, so we weren't bothering anyone. Those kids really are hilarious. (For those that are wondering, acoustic impedance basically tests how well the tympanic membrane/middle ear lets sound pass.)
I guess that's about it. Sorry we aren't being more exciting, I am feeling pretty good about posting SOMETHING though :)
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Gotta love little kids' comments on things. Sounds like you're enjoying your job.
Mr. ray turned thirty on Wednesday and one of his students said how old are you and he said thirty and the kid said you look like you are 29!
And another kid asked me how old Mr. Ray was and I said I think he is 29 and he said, he looks to tall to be 29!
I have had at least 6 kids throw up since school started. I guess I am just lucky.
Love you,
mom
Hurray for diplomas and pay checks!! I'm glad you're loving your new job!!
Hey! I lost your email address and need it to add to my blog since I am going private. Thanks!
Post a Comment