Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jeff is a soccer god...


...or so Katie tells me. Who is Katie? A blond, single woman on Jeff's team. She has informed me several times that they didn't score any goals the entire season Jeff missed. Katie loves that Jeff is back--he scored 3 goals last week and 2 this week. Last night was extra spectacular since the other team was killing Jeff's. They never seemed to cross the mid-field line. Jeff's team was down two goals to four, until the last ten minutes when Jeff scored two goals to tie. The first one was beautiful--Jeremy, one of Jeff's teammates turned to me and said "Your husband is awesome! That was the best goal I have ever seen him make!" I was sure glad to be the one taking him home last night :)



I guess I can see Katie's point...even though I wish she were a man :)

3 comments:

Janine said...

High praise indeed. We miss you guys! Looks like you've been busy bees. I'm impressed.

Amy Bateman said...

Wasn't it nice of me to leave the soccer genes for my younger siblings? Glad Jeff can do something he enjoys so much!

Rachel said...

Looks like you two have been having lots of fun. Congrats on your anniversary. Time flies doesn't it. The house is looking great.