Our Anniversary kind of sneaked up on us (or at least me) this year and I didn't have anything big planned. We had talked about going camping somewhere cool; but work, school, and life seemed to intervene. So ultimately we decided to camp out in our living room. We would have camped out in our back yard, but it is hitting 110 almost everyday, and it is best to stay inside as much as possible.
I rigged up a rope between the entertainment center and the couch, dragged our mattress from the bedroom, emptied the drawers of our big sheets, and tucked, clipped, and attached the sheets any way I could to give us a nice roomy-comfortable abode. Below is a picture of the finished product.
Michelle made some great tin foil dinners and we sat on our tents porch and had a very tasting and fun Anniversary dinner. We finished the day watching Father of the Bride. All in all it was a memorable day even though we never left the house, and hardly left the living room!!!
4 comments:
What a great idea! I may have to steal it for the kids! Congratulations on six years together!
Hello Jeff and Michelle-
I am jealous you guys have the fun house!
Erin
Wow...six years already. You guys are so clever to camp indoors. Cute idea!
That's probably a smart thing to do during the summer in Arizona! Of course, it wasn't actually summer yet!
Glad you had fun.
Mom
Post a Comment