Monday, June 16, 2008

The Great Pruning of 2008

A very special thanks to the Young Women of the Mezona Ward! As a camp fundraiser, they auctioned off services--there were some from the young women and some that were donated. When I saw that Brother Peterson was donating himself, his chain saw, and his sons for a Saturday morning of yard work, I made Jeff buy it! We had a couple of nut trees that needed so love and our pomegranite trees were insane. Brother Peterson brought two of his boys and a nephew on a lovely Saturday morning--it was in May, but I can't remember the exact date :( Jeff went out and they did a lot of work! I got out there and helped as well, but they got things started. We also borrowed a trailer from our friend Jeff Hansen (big thanks to him as well!). I didn't get any pictures with the Peterson's because they had to run and do a family thing, but you can see that we got lots of help. I have to say that this morning I was looking out the window while I worked on the dishes, and the trees are beautiful. They have leafed out wonderfully, and they just look so much healthier. Thanks a bunch guys!!!!


Jeff hanging out in the middle of one tree's fallen branches.


The trailer we filled--we had to use a tarp to hold everything in by the time we were finished.

This is one of the trees after its trimming. It looks even better now!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a great idea for that tree! In Fallon there was a tree where everyone dumped there old shoes- did I ever send you a picture? There were hundreds of them. What a great community tradition:)

Erin