For dessert I wanted to replicate a dish I saw on the Food Network's Worst Cooks in America show. I saw them make liquid center chocolate tortes with a salted caramel sauce and caramelized bananas. I figured if the worst cooks in America could do it, I could. The one problem with the recipe was it required a creme brulee torch to caramelize the bananas. I figured this was a good chance to gain a new tool and had to buy me a propane torch! The recipe turned out to be a little challenging, but in the end it turned out really good. Michelle especially liked the caramel sauce!!!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Valentine's Day
We interrupt our house hunting posts (come back tomorrow for more) with a post about our Valentine's Day. I decided to treat Michelle to a fancy dinner. I figured out the menu: new york strip steak, sweet onion potatoes au gratin, grilled asparagus, and sparkling cider. I did all the shopping and all the cooking. I did a good job cooking, but appreciate the assistance with knowing when the onions were caramelized (thanks Michelle!). I had to scramble a little when I ran out of propane and the steaks were only half way done, but was saved by a quick transfer to the grill pan. It was a very tasting dinner.
For dessert I wanted to replicate a dish I saw on the Food Network's Worst Cooks in America show. I saw them make liquid center chocolate tortes with a salted caramel sauce and caramelized bananas. I figured if the worst cooks in America could do it, I could. The one problem with the recipe was it required a creme brulee torch to caramelize the bananas. I figured this was a good chance to gain a new tool and had to buy me a propane torch! The recipe turned out to be a little challenging, but in the end it turned out really good. Michelle especially liked the caramel sauce!!!
"Honey, I have to buy a new tool for your Valentine!"
For dessert I wanted to replicate a dish I saw on the Food Network's Worst Cooks in America show. I saw them make liquid center chocolate tortes with a salted caramel sauce and caramelized bananas. I figured if the worst cooks in America could do it, I could. The one problem with the recipe was it required a creme brulee torch to caramelize the bananas. I figured this was a good chance to gain a new tool and had to buy me a propane torch! The recipe turned out to be a little challenging, but in the end it turned out really good. Michelle especially liked the caramel sauce!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your awesome Jeff! Glad you guys had such a wonderful day :)
The excuses you use to get a new "toy"! Just kidding. The dessert looks great and the dinner sounds awesome. Michelle is a lucky gal!
Wow, Jeff! I'm impressed! Well done! And a most creative way to fanagle a new tool!
Post a Comment