Wednesday, April 2, 2008

An overdue update

So, it seems like I should be really on top of keeping our blog updated, I have no good excuses for how bad I am at posting things. I often think about doing it, but then I don't :) I am going to try to do better!

We finally had a little birthday party for Jeff on Easter weekend. We sure enjoyed having some old friends over, as well as getting to know some new friends a little better. One of my favorite parts of the evening was the birthday cake. Jeff had asked for a DQ birthday cake, and I was happy to oblige. I hadn't left myself enough time to make a cake, especially after our car trouble...So Brenda and I ran into the DQ and debated which cake to get and finally decided on the one with blue icing. It was a pretty fun cake:

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Jeff looking at me--he is looking at someone else here. The nerve of that guy looking at someone else :) The best part of this cake was that it stained everything blue. Everyone had some, which was good, since we all had blue mouths at the very least. Some of us were blue in a few more places...

These little girls were hilarious--blue everywhere! There were little blue hand prints all over the place. The next morning I was walking into the bathroom and there was one on the wall outside the bathroom. Maybe next time I will try to find one with only white icing :)
Brenda, Aaron and Kayla also came and spent Easter day with us. Kayla always keeps us entertained :) Brenda and I were chatting in the kitchen while I worked on some dinner/dessert things and Kayla was checking out all of the cabinets. She found this little purple colander that I have and it was immediately commandeered for fun!

We also got to color eggs together:


I was going to post a picture with Kayla in it, but she is stripped down to a diaper in a hope to save her cloths! Just know she was here and having lots of fun :)

We did have car trouble that weekend, so we are super grateful that the Hardin's were here to help us with that. Our cars should be warned that I am boycotting future car trouble, it is expensive and causes lots of trouble.

No comments: