Thursday, March 20, 2008

30 is the new 20

So, I forgot to add one of the best things about Jeff's birthday yesterday. I was telling Jeff how sad I was that he had to endure such a lousy birthday and he said to me "Don't worry Michelle, 30 is the new 20." He will apparently not need a big party until he turns 40 :) What a good egg!

Last weekend I went on a women's retreat with some ladies in my ward. I will admit that I wasn't really very excited, but Jeff thought it would be really fun for me so I went. I ended up having to go up the morning after all of the other ladies went so I was chatting with a friend as I was driving along and noticed that I was coming up to a construction area with reduced speeds, so I started to slow down. About 10 seconds later I see the cop just sitting there and as soon as I saw him I knew I was going to get a ticket. I'm not going to complain or belly ache about it--I was totally speeding. I am a speed demon, it is amazing that I haven't gotten more tickets. The policeman was very nice and didn't give me a ticket for speeding in a construction zone which is good because the ticket is already $175 and fines double in a construction zone. I have decided that the ticket is why Jeff didn't end up with more presents--the money was already spent :)

2 comments:

ryan and berni said...

Right...$175 ticket huh. No more money for presents huh. Likely story. Are you sure that's what happened to the money? Well if it is true, sorry about our accusations and the ticket. Better think twice before speeding when cops are around.

Amber said...

Hey Michelle - I'm not sure if I've ever commented on your blog. There's a first time for everything right? Anyway, sorry about the speeding ticket. I don't know about you, but when I see those flashing lights behind me, it feels like my stomach just turned inside out. Thank goodness Chris is such a grandma driver - I've picked up some good habits from him!