Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tag and something funny

So, I think I will start with my funny thing :) I have been pondering making "Weird things I heard on campus" something I blog about every week....I don't know if I am really going to do it, but I heard something yesterday that needs to be said, so at least for today it's on.
I arrived on campus early, so I was taking a leisurely stroll to class enjoying the lovely 63 degree weather when two girls started walking next to me. I came into the conversation (ok, I started eavesdropping--something you can do when you aren't always wearing earbuds :)) a little late, so I'm not sure how the conversation got started...one can only guess. I came in at this point:

Girl 1 "why is it that the United States is the one that goes into other countries to settle things, how come countries in Europe can't, like England?"

Girl 2 "Well, England doesn't have a military."

G1 "are you sure"

G2 "pretty sure"

G1 "Doesn't England have a military base in Germany or something after WWII?"

G2 "I think they do, but they disbanded the military after that"
G1 "Really? I didn't know that"
G2 "That's why the US always goes into other countries"


I am sorry to say that I didn't hear the rest of the conversation...I wish I'd had the courage to ask her a few questions....like When the British PM gets canned because he sent troops to Iraq, what kind of troops were they? Ballet troops? Clown troops? Or, why doesn't someone just take over England? They have no way to defend themselves? I have to wonder, how does an, at least, 18 year old person not know that countries don't generally disband their military. Countries are against being invaded, so a military is pretty much a must... It's all so interesting!

So, Janine tagged me at least a couple of months ago, so I suppose it is time to do my bit. Janine's tag was that I list 7 random things about myself (I have seen other tag things, that's why I am specifying!)

  1. I always rinse out the laundry soap cap in the washing machine before replacing it on the container. I hate seeing the residue. I buy laundry soap at Costco, but this is the picture I found, we generally don't smell like mountain rain :)


  2. I am wearing a cute "no-slip" hair tie that Janine made for me. While it doesn't slip out of my hair, I am not smart enough to figure out how to tie it so that it stays tied....Hints?


  3. It is hard for me to think of random things about myself! Once I think of one thing, I want to say a whole bunch of things in the same vain....variety is not my strong point I guess!


  4. I am a TV junkie. While I enjoy a good movie, I'd much rather watch a TV show. Maybe because I don't feel as guilty for sitting around doing nothing for 40 minutes as I do when I sit around for 120 :)


  5. I like liverwurst, so Henry's I don't like your liverwurst song :) (I know that it seems gross, and if I think about it, it grosses me out, so I just don't!)


  6. I am thinking about taking some engineering classes next year. Two of my classes are heavy (at least for a Speech and Hearing Major!) analog and digital signal info. I think it is interesting and I'd like to understand it a little better....we'll see how brave I get


  7. I am a sun bunny....I love to be outside when it is 110 degrees as long as I am in a swim suit and there is a pool nearby. I enjoy sitting on a lounge chair reading, and then jumping in the pool when I can't stand it a minute longer. I don't think I knew that about myself before we moved here. Of course, that is really bad--I will probably have leathery skin when I get old, or worse, skin cancer. I try to limit these little escapades, but sometimes that is difficult, after all, its 110 degrees here a lot!

So! Now I am going to tag some peeps....Jeff, Nick, Emily, and Burgess. (Zane too if he wants to!) Now it is time I stop fooling around and get to the reason I am sitting in the library...homework.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the random things, it's always interesting to learn that stuff! Ohh! and I say go for it with the engineering classes.

Mac and Kelly said...

Wow, that conversation you over heard is pretty funny. I am all for your regular posts about what you overhear at school. I too rince out my laundry detergent cap before putti9ng it back. How are you and Jeff? I haven't talked to you in so long. I think about you every Sunday, though, when I have my cute scripture bag with me at chirch! :)

Janine said...

Thanks for responding! I like reading other people's lists, I wasn't so keen on making my own. As for the headbands, probably I just used sucky ribbon. If you come visit I will fix them! Hee hee.