We have some really fun friends here in Arizona--I think I have mentioned them before. Brenda and Aaron. They have a daughter Kayla, I babysat her when she was teeny tiny while Brenda finished the school year as a teacher. Before Kayla was born I made thirty or forty burp cloths knowing that some babies are extra messy. (I was "baby-barf-a lot") Kayla just turned two, so she is over the spit up stage, but she sure loves those burpies! They are now her blankies. Brenda and I were talking a while ago, and she mentioned that they were running really low on blankies... some had been lost, some were just yucky etc. So I made Kayla some new ones for Christmas. We got to have Brenda, Aaron, and Kayla over for Christmas dinner, so I got to see Kayla open her box of blankies.

Oh what, oh what could it be!!
Blankies! Guess what? Jeff even sewed one up himself! I got to test out the really fun and fancy stitches on my sweet sewing machine (extra big thanks to DAD and MOM!)
Each blankie got it's own hug as it was pulled out of the box.
Jeff and I were playing with Kayla a couple of days later and Jeff had been pretending to be asleep. Kayla thought it was really funny and she also pretended to sleep. Here is a funny little video of it:
We are super grateful that Brenda and Aaron let us play with Kayla! We sure love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment