Friday, July 20, 2007

Midnight needs to come faster!

So, the last couple of days have been filled with an unnatural hush at our house as people are frantically reading or listening to the sixth Harry Potter book. We have all been getting ready for tonight when we will be joining hoards of other people lining up to get the last book tonight at midnight. I have actually never been to one of these shindigs, so I am excited and a little apprehensive. I have been checking out all of the bookstores to see which one seems to be having the best "party" and I think I have settled on Borders...partly because there is one really close to us :) I am hoping that we can get in, get our book, glow in the dark wand, and poster, and get out so that I don't accidentally hear anything about the book that I don't want to! Sara has threatened to read the last page of the book out loud in the car on the way home, I told her she would have to walk home if she did. She also keeps saying she is going to stay up all night to read it, but I don't know that I will have the ability to do that (come to think of it, I don't think Sarah will either as she is at work most mornings by 5!)

On another Harry Potter note, we saw the movie last weekend. I know some people haven't been impressed, but I think that it is one of my favorites, I definitely liked it better than 3 or 4. I was a little sad that they ignored the Percy story line, and I hate the new Dementors, but I think that I can live with most of the other story line changes. Before I saw it, someone said that there was something in it from Book 6 and they were upset about it. So naturally I watched to see if I could pick it out. I am proud to say that I did notice it--when the DA is practicing someone uses the levicorpus spell. I have to say that it didn't bother me. I know that it is kind of a big thing in the sixth book, but I think that there are enough other spells that come from the Prince to make its loss negligible. Plus, I am sure that lots of people didn't notice it, so if they decide that it should still be a big part of the 6th movie, they can do it without too much squawking from movie goers.

So, I am now going to try to do some other things patiently, without looking at the Internet too much so I don't see what someone who has the book already says....

1 comment:

Mac and Kelly said...

We didn't do anything too big for our anniversary, but we stayed in a hotel in Salt Lake for the night, and then went to the Temple to do sealings the next day, went shopping, went to dinner, just took it easy.