Happy Fourth of July to our friends and family! We hope that you all had an enjoyable day. We were able to do a couple of fun things. We have passes to the wave pools near us and we really enjoy going. However, sometimes we are a little sad because it is harder to actually swim, so we decided today that we would go to the city pool. It was really fun. Sarah and I both have sunburned faces--not too bad though. I fully expect for mine to be gone tomorrow morning. Jeff however, got it good on his back. I put the sunscreen on him, so I think it might be my fault. He was wearing waterproof SPF 50 though--I don't know how he still got burned! Anyway, even with the extra hot sun (it was somewhere between 115-118 yesterday!) it was nice to be at the pool. I made dinner when we got home--pulled pork sandwiches (thanks Janine for a great recipe!), German potato salad, and some veggies. We also had a flag cake. We played a game of Settlers of Catan and then Whonu (I think that's how you spell it--it is a game by Cranium. It is pretty fun.)
The City of Mesa Fireworks were at Mesa Community College's stadium (which happens to be right across the street from the hospital that Jeff had his surgeries) so we were pretty sure that we would be able to see the fireworks from our back yard. It turns out we couldn't very well. There are a few tall things in the way. I think that if we had sat on the roof we could have, but that seemed a little fool hardy, so we jumped in the car and raced a little closer. We only really saw about 5 minutes worth, the show wasn't very long, so we decided to try to see the ones in Tempe. They were being held at Tempe Town Lake, and a local radio station was playing music that was supposed to be choreographed to the light show. There wasn't a good place to pull off the freeway, all the exits around the show were closed off, so we just drove slowly past, turned around at the airport, and then drove slowly past on our way back. We ended up trying to stop at a shopping center to watch the show, but we couldn't see very well. We were glad that we were able to see some of the show though!
Well, it is now time for me to go to bed so that I can get up in the morning and do all the dishes that are dirty....it is times like this that I really miss a dishwasher!
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment