We are so sadly behind in the blog business that I thought I'd take a turn...even though I have decided this is a Jeff job :) I am going to look to see what pictures I come across first, so they may be out of order in the grand scheme of things, but at least I will feel better about myself!

You are probably wishing for more house pictures, but instead you get Spencer's graduation! Jeff and I went to Michigan at the beginning of June for Spencer's graduation. This is Ashley and I taking a quick nap after working to get things ready for the party. We flew in the night before and I didn't do much sleeping, so I was T-I-R-E-D! Plus, I still had to get ready to party...that takes a lot of energy :) Oh yes! So that you can fully appreciate the splendor of this picture, you should know that Ashley and I are on an air mattress that is stacked on top of my parents bed. We had to use a step stool to get in it.

There was plenty of basketball playing to be had....I cannot believe how tall....and old....my baby brothers are getting! Scott and Dan were good sports and let me play too....they schooled the old lady. Luckily for you there are no pictures of that happening!

There was a bounce house--what kind of graduation party doesn't have a bounce house!! (Mine didn't, but there are a few things that have been upgraded since I was living at home :) It had a slide and everything--this is Spencer celebrating victory over high school!

On June 7th, Spencer officially graduated and we were there! This is us before the ceremony.

He's official! I was obscenely wiggly that night...and I didn't have a tripod with me so it is not quite in focus. You get what you pay for, and I was free :)

Here we all are, basking in the glory of Spencer's victory! We are super proud of him--he's had some hurdles to jump, and he did it well. Plus, he is super nice...what more could you ask for??

Jeff left before I did...I was lucky enough to be able to stay for my Mom's birthday while Jeff traveled to California for work. (p.s. he flew into Phoenix 35 minutes before we flew out to Detroit. The man was a traveling fool!) I found this cute little hedgehog and got it for Mom. She loves them, and I love her!
It was so fun to go home and visit. I have to say that I am sure that I love my brothers and sisters when we were kids, but I love them more and more as the years go by. They are such fun people! Scott kept me rolling...I've got material for years to come. Some day when I take his picture for the Wheaties box, I will be able to add some precious bits of wisdom spoken by a 13 year old kid :) This post doesn't do the trip justice, but it's all I've got tonight :) GIANT hug to my peeps!!
No comments:
Post a Comment