Monday, April 19, 2010

Rocket Science!


Ever since I started working at Orbital Sciences 6 years ago, Michelle has introduced me as a Rocket Scientist even though my official title is Electrical Engineer. Now she has visual proof that I'm wrong:
We are getting ready to launch the very first Minotaur IV rocket. I have been working towards this launch since I started working at Orbital and I am very excited for it. Our launch window opens April 20th for seven days. Because of weather and a few other concerns the launch has already been pushed for a first opportunity on April 21st. Michelle is travelling out to California tonight to watch the launch, and we are both super excited for this big milestone in my career.

P.S. We closed on our house earlier today, so we are officially home owners! We will have more details to follow.

6 comments:

Burgess said...

YEA!!! Congrats on both! What an exciting time in your life!

Nick said...

Congratulations on the house and the launch! By the way, I also refer to you as a rocket scientist. :)

Judy said...

Finally! It's been a long time coming on both accounts. Hope the launch comes through okay. When will you be able to move?

Mary said...

Yay for the rocket scientist! And hooray for being homeowners! Y'all are amazing.

Rachel said...

What a great week! Congrats on both.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I mean, rocket scientist makes sense, that's why I never saw you study. :) Very impressive, congrats on closing on the home too! Thats cool that you go to Vandenburg, a reunion has been along time coming...is that where you are in the rocket picture?