Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tennessee


For work I am in Tennessee to do a static fire. This weekend I have had some time to do some sightseeing and other fun things. After work one day last week my coworkers and I went to the Jack Daniels distillery. It is a really interesting tour; it was fun seeing how whiskey is made and what makes Jack Daniels different than other whiskey. Saturday the Red Wings were visiting the Nashville Predators. Two of my coworkers and I were able to get tickets and go to the game. The Wings ended up winning after a 11 round shootout following a 0-0 tie. It was a lot of fun and one of the highlights was eating at Jack's Barbecue before the game. I had some ribs and they were some of the best I have ever had.

Today I visited the Stone River Battlefield from the civil war. It was very interesting to see the site were over 24,000 people died! Below is the oldest civil war monument built in 1863.
This is the cemetery where the union soldiers were buried.
This is the Stone River were the Union soldiers held off the advancing Confederate army to win and important victory for the North.
It is amazing to think about how this peaceful and beautiful site was the place of so much suffering and death.

1 comment:

Janine said...

That's it. Let's all move to TN.