Friday, March 19, 2010

Traveling...


When I started working for Orbital Sciences I knew I would need to travel on occasion. The last three years I have made trips to Utah, Tennessee, and California working on static fires and preparing for my first rocket launch. On Sunday I am going to Tennessee for two weeks to help with a static fire on March 31st. Here is a cool article about the importance of the static fire: http://www.spaceflightnow.com/news/n1003/17minotaur/.

I then come home for Easter weekend before going to California from April 5th to April 27th for the first launch of the Minotaur IV launch vehicle. We are launching a FALCON test vehicle for DARPA. http://www.darpa.mil/tto/programs/falcon/index.html

While these trips are exciting from my work perspective, Michelle is sad I will be gone so much. Especially since we are closing on our house while I am gone! She is the best!!!

5 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

So does that mean she has to move without you? You owe her big time if that's the case!

Jeff said...

No, we will move after I come home. In fact there is a good chance Michelle will come out and watch the launch, then we will both come home and move.

Michelle said...

But he is leaving me to do the bulk of the packing....turkey.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Don't forget to mention that you could be gone for most of June and July if SBSS sticks to its current schedule. Michelle is going to forget what you look like.