Thursday, July 2, 2009

Catch Up Post

There has been a lot going on in our lives since we hiked the Grand Canyon, but you wouldn't know it from this blog! I will attempt to catch you up on what is going on.


Both Michelle and I have been traveling a lot lately. I was up in Utah in April for a static fire. Here is a picture my mom took from the public viewing area.




Even though this was the fifth static fire I have worked on, I still haven't actually seen one. I am always in the control room when we fire the motor. It was nice to see my mom, dad, and Mark as they traveled down from Idaho to see the firing.

Michelle came up to Utah during this trip, partly to see me, but mostly because her sister Sarah had a stroke. Michelle spent most of May and the first half of June in Utah with Sarah. Even though it was a pretty rotten reason to visit, Michelle is thankful for the time she was able to spend with Sarah, as well as the quick visits with other family.

Here Sarah is early in her hospital stay. Her left side was effected the most by her stroke, and she had to wear the eye patch to help her balance and see clearly.


Sarah has been working hard on recovery and is making a lot of progress. Here is a video of her practically running with only the help of a cane. We wish her a continued speedy recovery!!!



I have been traveling to Vandenburg Air Force Base in California a lot for work. We are getting ready to launch our first Minotaur IV rocket and are in the process of integrating and testing the motors. Here is a picture of the bay we are working in.

I am headed out on Monday for two more weeks in California, but then I should have a break from travel until we get ready to launch this fall.

Michelle's brother, Spencer, and sister, Emilie, are spending much of the summer with us. So far we are having lots of fun and have lots of fun things planned. Stay tuned and as things come along we will work harder on keeping the blog update.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Michelle, I'm so glad your sister is doing well, I hope she continues to get better. Enjoy your summer with your family there.

ryan and berni said...

Hey Rocket man...that's cool that you were able to be close to family for a little bit. That Rocket looks pretty impressive. Michelle, hope Sarahs road to recovery is speedy too. From seeing her on that video, it will be...with her drive and your care...look out! Miss you guys!