Well, pretty much I am stunned by some of the things that are going on in our country and my state. I am still trying to figure out who gave the government a trillion (!!!) dollars. I know that there are people out there who think this is a good idea, but to be honest, I'm not one of them. I can't help thinking we are getting in way over our heads, and thank goodness I don't have any kids that will be paying off the trillion (!!!) dollar debt we are leaving behind. Yesterday President Crow (the president of ASU) announced that 40 programs will be cut from the university and that the two satellite campuses will be whittled down to practically nothing. Along with all of these cuts, enrollment will be capped. In some ways, the cap may not be a problem considering some of the programs being cut. One of them happens to be my own--speech and hearing science. I don't know what that means for the people currently in the program, but I know that it means I won't be getting another degree from ASU. This totally blows my mind because I know that several of the professors just got HUGE research grants. I am disgusted by all of this, mostly because it really gives me no choice but to wait until we move to a state that does have my program before going back to school. I admit, I am too grumpy to talk about this rationally, so I will end with this:
This economy sucks and so do our "solutions."
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I have to agree with you that I don't think the trillion dollar package is a good idea.
I have to agree with you that I don't think the trillion dollar package is a good idea.
I have to agree with you that I don't think the trillion dollar package is a good idea.
I agree, this "stimulus" really won't stimulate much other than our taxes. Sorry your program is getting cut. That's just not fair!
Boo on this economy!
Don't look at me, I didn't vote for him....
I hear you. Sorry about the ASU crap though. I am pretty sure I'm stuck here for a long time because seriously, what is Nick going to do, look for another job? And people can't afford visits and I am lonely! ARGH. Of course, these are minimal problems, but I can't help feeling it is going to get worse.Blech, ich stupid.
BOO! I didn't vote for him either! I'm really sorry about your program Michelle, but nothing is in Michigan either... >.< *cries*
Love,
Ashley
Post a Comment