Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Broken Boy Update...


We went to the doctor yesterday for a checkup on Jeff's broken collar bone. We got to see an up close x-ray, and can confirm that the bone is broken, and jaggedly. The doctor is still debating the pros and cons of surgery/letting it heal on its own. We are hoping to hear from the doctor tomorrow, he wanted some time to talk to some colleagues. While we are hoping that he doesn't have to have surgery, we aren't convinced that letting it heal by itself is the best option.....guess we'll find out soon!

2 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Okay, if you're gonna put a picture up, at least make it look like he's broken! Where's his sling?? J/K I really hope for your sanity and pocketbook that he doesn't need surgery, but I'm sure he'll be fine with whatever they decide.

Kim said...

Ouch! I have broken BOTH of my collar bones...NOT FUN! The first was a clean break, but the second time they debated surgery but ended up letting it heal on its own. Good luck!