Monday, March 10, 2008

A girl and her toys...

First of all I have to apologize for this long overdue post! Seems like nothing extra exciting is going on at our house, so this week I am posting about the "boring" stuff that we are doing...

A few weeks ago Jeff fixed up our bikes--cleaned them up, pumped up the tires, and other general maintenance. My handle bars were nasty! Remember when the first Harry Potter movie came out? I was working for Rite Aid and I can remember when we got all of the new school supplies in. The glue was Troll boogers...my bike handles looked like that glue. Gross. Good thing Jeff is so handy! Anyway, we have gone on several bike rides. I have been very impressed with myself! The first time we went we went five miles....pretty good since I haven't been exercising very well. There is a big canal system here and there are little trails along them. I don't like getting to the canal--I hate driving along the busy roads--but going along the canals is pretty nice. I started walking with a friend in the mornings for the last two weeks, so maybe soon I will be faster and can go longer on our bike trips. Jeff is very patient with my much slower speed :)
Saturday was another everyday adventure. I think that most of you know that the house we are living in is surrounded by empty lots. It is quite a job to keep the lots weed free--pretty much impossible for us so far! We had a bunch of rain so we have fields of clover and other weeds. Anyway, Jeff usually goes out on Saturdays and weed whacks a section and then spray it with weed killers so that nobody calls the city on us. This week I decided it was my turn to weed whack--I don't know if I will be volunteering for that again! First of all, the weed whacker is slightly unwieldy. Secondly, I don't think I have been that dirty in a LONG time. I had grass in places no decent person should have grass....I am scared to put my pants in my washing machine :) There was no green on these jeans prior to the weed whacking experience:
This week is my Spring Break. I am looking forward to just bumming around a little bit. Today I got to go to the zoo with one of my friends and her kids--it was a beautiful day for it. It was 80 and sunny. My arms and legs were happy to get a little sun, I was starting to be scary white:)

2 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

I think I'd be nervous to wash those jeans, too. Maybe take them out back with the hose first. :)

Linzi said...

Yay! I'm friends with Ryan Button's sister-in-law and by chance found your blog. Hurray! I have been thinking about you guys for quite sometime. I hope you remember me :) Let's keep better in touch. My email is sldells2@netzero.com. You look great by the way.
Take care!
Linzi (Cazier) Dell