Well, even though we posted that silly video, I am feeling a little bit guilty about not posting anything for almost a month. I need to cool down from running around school before I get sweaty doing some chores around the house, so I thought I'd throw something up here quickly. We had a great time in Idaho/Utah a couple of weeks ago. I was totally thrilled by the launch. I am hoping that Jeff will be able to put up a picture or something of it. It was amazing! I was so proud of those guys--Jeff and his team--I know they worked really hard and it went really well. I had no idea how big it would be, nor how loud! It was totally cool...I am going to let Jeff write more about our trip since there are some funny videos I think he should put up. Suffice it to say we had a lovely visit with the family, lots of fun with some friends, and a good opportunity to see some people we haven't in a LONG time!
Once we got back, we had to scramble to get some things taken care of. Our freezer died for a little while, while we were in Utah (thanks to Becky and Sarah for cleaning it up!), so we had to take care of that. We also had to cut back the jungle that some might call the lawn. It was crazy tall! There had been a bunch of monsoon rain while we were gone, and the grass was really tall. It took Jeff several days to get it taken care of. We also bought a new fridge because ours was going a little crazy--oozing green sticky stuff on the floor from an unknown place and growing mold from inside the seals, that was extra special! Becky moved out while we were gone, she found an apartment not too far from us and then Sarah headed back up to school this past weekend. She and I spent last week doing a lot of goofing around. I was really sad that both of the girls moved out, I know that it is good, but I have lost my built in friends! We are still getting used to being "empty nesters" but I am sure that we will find it easy to slip back in to.
School stated for me yesterday (Monday) and all in all it was a better first day back than last fall, so I can't complain too much. I have two classes I am really bummed I have to take, one of them is called Science and Society. It fulfills some liberal arts general ed requirements...my teacher is quite liberal. I think that it is going to be a lot of pointless work, but I guess we will see. The other class I am taking is also to fulfill general ed requirements, but they are university ones. It is called Indians of the Southwest, I wasn't as bummed about this class because I figured it at least had the potential of being interesting. Too bad my teacher is boring to the extreme (the first day he read us the syllabus, and every one of his power point slides!). My other problem, that may or may not be serious, we shall see, is that it is an upper division anthropology class so our teacher uses a lot of specialized terminology. I haven't had any other anthro classes, and we have no book...makes it hard to read supplementary material to make sure I understand. Only time will tell how that will go....I plan to put up my class schedule so anyone that needs to get a hold of me knows when I won't answer the phone :)
I know that there are other things to say, but I need to go and make dinner...boo hiss :)
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, you have some serious classes there. I'm sure you'll do great! Just kiss up to the professors and you'll be fine! J/K
I'm so glad you gave me the link to your blog again so I can keep tabs on you two!:) Sounds like you're both doing great and good luck with your classes!! They certainly sound like interesting ones. Miss you tons!
Hey Peaches! I always forhet you have a Blog page- Sorrry! Professors are always a toss up:)Love Erin
Post a Comment