Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I am depressed

I just finished the first reading assignment for my Science and Society class. This class is supposed to teach me how to be a better thinker so that I can be a better scientist--I will be able to better get grant money for research and I won't tell lies to the American people.

The first reading assignment was the first chapter of an Ann Coulter book and the first chapter of an Al Franken book. I now know for sure that I am going to hate this class. I have suspected something about myself for quite some time, but I wasn't sure about it until today. I am not a politician, and oddly enough, I don't care about politics. I want to know what the issues are so that I can vote well, but I am uninterested in the left side, or the right side, or the nasty things they have to say about one another.

The moral of the story? I will not be leaving either of these readings on my coffee table, and don't try to talk to me about them :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I won't tell lies to the American people." - I am glad they think this is important.

i wholeheartedly agree with you on politics. Teach me about the issues, but leave all of the backbiting and political agendas at the door.

Burgess said...

Amen to that.

Michelle said...

So I'll let you know if we ever get past the backbiting....or if we ever actually get to "Science and Society"!!! (By the way, it ws totally fun seeing you guys this weekend! Don't be strangers!)