Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sunny San Diego

Michelle and I are in San Diego enjoying our vacation. We drove here on Monday. I was able to use my new toy, my GPS unit, on the way here. I had plotted the route we were going to take, and it was fun to see how far we had left to go, average speed, and elevation as we drove. Michelle made fun of me because of my ingenious contraption to hold my GPS above the dash of the car. They sell holders for around $40, but with imagination, a shower caddy, paint stir stick, and three rubber bands you can make your own!




Yesterday we went to the San Diego Zoo. We had a lot of fun. Some of my favorites were the polar bears, giraffes, and the sea lion show. Again I took my new toy to track our course. Below is the "track" we took through the zoo with some of the pictures we took. We hiked 4 miles as we walked around the zoo. Michelle and I are going to try to publish a bunch of the pictures we took to a website, and will update you when we do. (If anyone knows of a good photo publishing website let us know in the comments.)

After the zoo we went to the beach to watch the sun set. We also found a little Greek/American restaurant on by the beach and had dinner. It was a good day!!!


No comments: