Saturday, June 9, 2007

A Step in the Right Direction

Since moving in to Michelle's grandfather's house we have be doing and putting off a lot of different projects. One project I had started back before Christmas was putting a new threshold board between the living room and the add-on room. There had been one when we moved in, but it was cracked and quite a little bit disgusting. Here is a picture of the opening with no board.





You can see that the bottom of the opening is just concrete. So the new board wouldn't crack like the old one did I cut a piece of carpet to use as padding between the board and concrete. When I was cutting the board I was extra careful to cut it square, however when I tried to test fit the board I found it didn't fit. It turns out the opening is not square, so I had to do a little trimming and got it to fit good. After a trip to Woodcrafter's for some oak plugs to cover the screw heads and then a trip to Home Depot to get the right length of screws I was able to finish the project.


I think it turned out really well! I think I will get a board to go under it to cover the step and it will look really good. We wil just have to see how long it takes me to get around to it!!!

No comments: