Sunday, May 4, 2008

SWEET-O GAMES!

Wow! Jeff finally chose a birthday present from my parents and we got it this week. I just got done playing the new Mario Kart game for the Wii with my brothers...who are in Michigan. So fun! I love the little steering wheel-- I think it helps steer...but maybe some of you are more talented than I am :) I love that we can play together- I miss spending time with the other kids in my family. We chatted on the phone while we played, the plan is to get a webcam so we can watch each other play while we talk. I love that I am a better driver on the Wii than on the Gamecube :) I have three finals this week, so I am for sure going to have to leave the house to study or I will be studying for 15 minutes, and then taking a break for an hour! If you have a Wii and have the game and want to race against us, let us know and we can become 'friends'. I just have to say it one more time-- SO FUN!

On another fun note, we love Settlers of Catan and all of the other 'Euro games' that we have played. We were totally excited when MSN Games came up with an on-line version. We had big plans to play with our good Catan buddies Janine and Nick, but since we had to pay for the game, it never came to fruition. This week I had been studying for several hours and thought 'I need to play a game.' On the off chance I could sneak another free trial version of Catan, I headed over to MSN Games. Low and behold, you can now play for free! So, if you love Catan and would like to play with us, let us know. (Of course, if you want to play in person, we'd love to do that too!)

I should preface all these invitations to fun with this: Jeff is in Tennessee for work again this week and I have to study. I will be available on Wednesday at about 1, and Jeff after the weekend since he doesn't come home until Thursday night and has a camp out Friday to Saturday and then he is enabling my missing Mother's Day Sunday by taking me off on a vacation:) After that though, we will be available, at least until summer school starts. Game on!

3 comments:

ryan and berni said...

Wow! Sounds like we've got some serious gamers on our hands. :)

Janine said...

OK, we're on. We've got to save up for Mario Cart, but it is on our list...as for Catan, we're super excited. Except life as it has been lately, I've been able to get on the computer for a sum total of five minutes in the last two weeks, so we'll have to do some schedule negotiating. We miss you!

Amber said...

oh...that's just one more reason for me to go buy Mario Kart. I didn't realize you could play online with your friends. I decided to get Wii Fit first but now I'm wondering if I can talk Chris into Mario Kart. I didn't know you were fans of Catan! I LOVE that game. I play it on xBox all the time. I'm definitely going to check out the MSN version!