Well, in an effort to give my brain a rest, I am going to post something before I get started studying for my next big test. I haven't heard anything fancy from other students, but one of my professor's did say something the other day that I have been pondering.
**Warning** There is some political content to follow!
As I have said before, I'm not much into polotics, but one of my professor's has a lot to say on the subject--interesting since it has absolutly no bearing on the subject he teaches (Speech Science). Anyway, the other day he was gripping because people were against candidates that have changed their minds. He then went on to try to convince us that this was idiotic (his word, not mine!) In his mind, a person has the right to change their mind as new information becomes available. (he also thinks that they should everytime...) I had honestly never thought of this! As I have pondered this, I have wondered why not. I think it is because the media and other candidates always say it as though it is a bad thing. I don't know if I have a weak brain and just believe everything that someone says to me, but I think that my Prof has it, at least mostly, right. We should all be on the look out for new information, so that we make good decisions. I think that the information may not change your mind, and that's ok too, as long as you aren't just being stubborn about it :)
So, in a nutshell: Go out, get smarter, change your mind, change the world (for the better!)
Note: this isn't spell checked because blogger is having issues, so forgive any errors!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment