Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Very Utah Vacation

We had the opportunity to go up to Utah for about 5 days last week. There were lots of fun things to take part in.

The first fun thing we got to do was attend the wedding of Mary and Michael. Mary was my roommate for several years at BYU-Idaho (or Rick's while we were there!) It was a beautiful ceremony, and they were both lovely. It was a gorgeous day outside as well--I was glad since I wasn't sure we would tolerate the cold very well. We were able to go the the reception which was later that evening, fun was had by all :)
We were also lucky enough to be able to spend a lot of time with Janine, Nick, Reid, and Gage. There was lots of gaming, junk food eating, and playing....There was a lot less sleeping :) Gage was getting a new tooth and Reid was just being silly. I have decided that it is a good thing that little kids are so cute, otherwise there would be a lot more child fatalities. We sure love those boys! We were able to help out with the packing that was going on at the Clayson home--they are moving into their first home! Yay for them!!! I (Michelle) was especially sorry to leave knowing that there was so much left to do on that....but school was calling my name.

We got to play a few new games together--some we brought, and some the Clayson's had. Nick and I decided that it was a good thing that we were cheap dates--both couples love to play games. I can't imagine how much money we have saved since we don't go out to dinner often, or even to the movies together, plus, we get to have exciting debates about things. Jeff and I are sure lucky to have them as friends.


We were able to visit with Sarah a few times as well while we were in Utah. I miss having her close. We are glad to report that Sarah has found a job, but sad to say that it will keep her from coming for Thanksgiving. We love her lots too!!

Some of our favorite parts of the trip:


  • Frosty Run, eggnog ice cream run, licorice run :)

  • Cities and Knights

  • Babies climbing into everything they can reach

  • Red Box movies

  • A visit to Sigfried's Delicatessen

  • German chocolates...See's Chocolates

  • Temple Square walks

  • Gage and Reid honing their couch climbing skills (I don't know if Janine will agree with that!)

  • Waking up to two happy babies climbing all over us--and trying to eat any chords in site :)

  • A visit to Bountiful Temple

  • Picky eaters

  • Two little boys learning to walk

  • Good friends and family

  • Babies eating weird stuff....

  • Ticket to Ride

  • Swapping book titles with people that you can trust :)

  • Weather in the 60's

  • Trying to talk friends into moving closer to you
  • Reading Books with Reid and Gage


I am sure there are some other things, but that's what I have now :) We came home EARLY Tuesday morning and were able to spend the rest of the week with my Grandpa, but that is another post entirely :) (I was going to post a little video, but Blogger seems to be having problems...I will try to get it up later!)

2 comments:

Janine said...

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to read/comment on this post. We loved having you here & miss you like crazy too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle & Jeff!!! It looks like you guys had a TON of fun on your trip! Baby Kayla is getting sooo big and oh so cute! Thanks for sharing all of this with all of us!