Our ward has a traditional Halloween party where they block off one of the cul-d-sacs in the ward and have games and a dinner. We have a new bishopric this year and one of them (who is also new to the ward) decided that it is not good for the church to be sponsoring Halloween activities. This caused a big uproar with many the established members of the ward so one of the families just decided they were going to through a party to upstage the ward. It ended up being an unofficial ward party, and I have a hunch that next year it will be back to being sponsored by the ward again.
I volunteered to make balloon animals for the kids, and so dressed up as a clown. Michelle and I had been clowns last year when we had gone to the ward party and were a big hit with the kids. It seems only a few people remembered though because during one of the planning meetings when it was announced that I would be doing balloon animals everyone was surprised that I knew how. Anyway below is a picture of Michelle and I right before we went. Michelle decided that instead of being a clown like last year she would be a witch assistant instead.
3 comments:
I only had a few sore fingers from tying off the balloons :) However, by the end of the night I couldn't remember what kid had asked for which animal. It made for a couple of upset kids....oops!
I'd say you did pretty good if you only had a couple of upset kids! At least you have a side job if Jeff every gets tired of rockets. :)
you make one hot witch Michelle!! You guys are too fun...lucky little kids in your ward!! I like the idea of blocking off a cul de sac for games and a party. Our ward usually just does a lame trunk or treat...which could be fun but they don't do anything to go along with it so the kids just keep going around and around. We have a small primary. But this year I decided to tell everyone I knew to bring their own carnival type games to do at their car for candy. Worked out pretty well. Miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment