Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Scrubbing bubbles part 2

So, yesterday I wrote my post in a break I was taking from scrubbing. It ended up that I just took the IBprofin and didn't finish the scrubbing because the Goof off was eating through my latex gloves and irritating my skin. I had to go and get some super-duper chemical resistant gloves last night. So today I tackled the griddle with renewed vigor...however, after a couple of applications I ran out of Goof Off. I was too bummed out to go and get some more to finish the job completly, but that's ok. The pan looks a million times better, and in general, I got the stove to look almost new. Incidently, I also finally got all of the greasy goop off of the back splash, which makes me very happy, even though no one else will probably notice :)

Here is the (almost) finished product, not too shabby, huh?
I am hoping that this weekend I can get Jeff to help me to clear out the add on room again. At one point it was cleaned and organized, but has since had a bomb dropped in it. There is a very tricky path through all of the stuff to the back door, but otherwise completly unusable. Once we get it cleaned out, I am going to move the kitchen table into it so that I can start taking off the old paint in the dining room...and just maybe the kitchen and laundry area will get painted! Happy thoughts :) So, here are some pictures of my handiwork for the day. I am hoping that I will be able to post some other pictures of the house in the next little while so that those who have never been here can see what it looks like...and so that those of you who have worked so hard on it can be impressed with how nice the inside looks now!

Here is a picture of the stove, just in case you couldn't get a picture of what I was trying to say in yesterday's post...

No comments: