Well, since I am sitting here, and I just saw the pictures, I thought I'd throw up one more quick post.
We have October Break here in AZ...a week to vacation when the weather is finally tolerable! On the last day of break, we headed to Wilcox to go apple picking. My family went a lot when I was growing up, and it is one of the things I miss most about living outside of the desert. So we headed to this orchard, and it was so sad! It wasn't very large, and the apple varieties were pathetic, and it was 90 degrees outside, but we made the most of the time :)
 |
| A self portrait once we arrived |
 |
| Picking an apple... |
 |
| Wow! This apple is as big as my head! |
 |
| Jeff picking some apples :) |
 |
| The other side of the fence of the orchard looked like this...no wonder is was so pathetic :) |
The owners of the apple orchard also owned a farm a couple miles away. We thought we'd head over and see if there was anything we couldn't live without...turns out there were a couple things :)
 |
| They had a huge sunflower field, so we went and picked several |
 |
| And there were pumpkins...and of course we needed a couple |
 |
| And....here I am goofing around in the flowers |
 |
| Jeff's hauling my pumpkin around for me! |
 |
| Taking the pumpkins home was awesome! We had to buckle them in so they wouldn't crush things. |
So, that was the adventure :) We came home with a couple pounds of Granny Smith apples, some pumpkins, and some flowers. While it wasn't what I was hoping it would be, I was glad we got to get out and do something fun.
1 comment:
It's nice to know there's still life after launch. I love the buckled-in pumpkins!
Post a Comment